No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-14-2017, 03:04 PM

Smile and we smile, the lords of many lands;
Frown and we smile, the lords of our own hands;
For man is man and master of his fate.

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

He finishes his coffee and picks his way daintily towards the platform; he still moves with the grace of a dancer, though he’s bulkier now than the lithe form he’d possessed in his twenties. There’s a cocky smile on his face as he smoothly undoes each button of his topcoat, before hanging it neatly over the closest chair.

He pulls off his shirt jacket for good measure as well, leaving him just in crisp white shirt, navy suit trousers and a purple tie. His cufflinks are plainly set but clearly expensive, enormous, colourless diamonds, barely kissed by the white gold setting around them. He prefers clean, crisp lines and expert tailoring to gaudy branding and blingy jewellery.

He rolls his shoulder absently as he steps onto the platform Devon had indicated, one hand sliding down to curl around a hip. He watches her busy herself with finding her tools and tape. He’s curious what she’ll be using the toolkit for – he’d only been expecting a measuring tape, but he won’t question her methods yet. “Looks like you’re going for quite the thorough examination there,” he comments, faked innocence bathing his words. “Am I alright like this, or would you rather I take more off?”

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Fashion Designer [White Lotus] & Novelist
Art Shop Thread
10 Threads
37 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-14-2017, 06:55 PM

Breathe in What is happening? Walls are in the way How do I escape? Losing you Fading out of view now Losing you Feels like the Earth is falling through Breathe in What is happening? Walls are in the way How do I escape? Losing you Fading out of view now Losing you Feels like the Earth is falling through
losing you
Gabriel De La Croix was a good looking man. There was no mistaking that. He had an excellent physique, chiseled jaw and his body could literally hug anything that was put on him. Whoever his tailor was, they were a very lucky individual. Everything was well kept and taken in with the utmost detail. Though the designs were simple, the accents on his clothing screamed that he was wealthy, privileged, and knew his way around a men's store.

She opened up the tool kit as he shrugged out of his coat and jacket, watching him step up on the platform like a panther. Devon smirked, pulling out her measuring tape as well as a small notebook and pencil. When he eyed her tool kit and commented, she couldn't help but laugh. "There is a method to my madness, Mr. De La Croix," she said simply, crossing the short distance between them as she took a moment to walk around him in a full and complete circle. "But don't worry. I won't be poking you with needles today."

“Am I alright like this, or would you rather I take more off?” Devon smirked, looking up at him through hooded eyes as some of her hair fell against her cheek. Well, as enticing as it was to imagine him with more clothes off, she didn't need him naked to take a few simple measurements. Shaking her head, she lifted her chin up and stretched out the measuring tape. "No, that won't be necessary."

She stepped around his side, measuring from his hip to the hemline of where his pants would be, then measured his thigh - circling the tape between his legs. Each time she did, she scribbled the numbers down on her notepad and moved on. It didn't take her long to finish his pants before moving on to his shirt and jacket measurements, motioning for him to move his arms out so she could get the full lengths of his arms and then the measurements around for the cuffs. She noted the cuff links and commented politely on them before moving to his back. She then placed the tape up to the base of his neckline and brought the tape down for his back measurements. "Pardon me," Devon said, reaching around him with both arms so she could get his mid-drift measurements.

Finally, she stepped onto the platform and stood in front of him, wrapping the tape around his back and pulling forward so she could measure his chest. Then, finally, she looped the tape around his neck, moving her finger under his chin so he could lift his head a little. That was all there was to it. Once finished, she tallied the numbers down, jotted a few extra notes and draped the tape over her shoulder. She then looked back at Gabriel, a slow and easy smirk playing on her lips as she flicked her eyes down to his lips and then back up into his lovely hues. "I believe I've gotten everything I need, Mr. De La Croix. Thank you for your patience with me."

Gabriel -- THIS & THESE -- Me-yow...

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
41 Threads
418 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-15-2017, 03:45 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

He smirks down at her as she takes the measurements, deft hands moving the measuring tape across his body. She’s certainly thorough about it, and his eyebrow raises as she lassos him with it, almost tugging him forward as she takes the width of his neck, pushing his head back without even asking. Me-ow.

She doesn’t even use the toolkit, making him curious about its necessity, and she keeps her touches light and professional. He’s a little disappointed, which surprises him; he didn’t normally want people touching him, so it’s unusual to regret the fact that they hadn’t. Maybe it’s just the fact that he’d thought her a sealed deal, and he doesn’t like having his prizes ripped away.

He meets that loaded stare with a seductive smirk of his own, stepping close to her on the pretence of looking at the notes she’s jotted down. He peers over her shoulder, though he doesn’t quite close the gap to touch her. “Are you sure? I’m happy to help with anything else you might need.” He blinks guilelessly at her. “I’d love to follow this process through to the end.”

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
10 Threads
37 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-15-2017, 05:28 PM

Breathe in What is happening? Walls are in the way How do I escape? Losing you Fading out of view now Losing you Feels like the Earth is falling through Breathe in What is happening? Walls are in the way How do I escape? Losing you Fading out of view now Losing you Feels like the Earth is falling through
losing you
She was playing a dangerous game. But Devon couldn't ignore the rush that it sent through her. She enjoyed knowing that such a well-to-do man and privileged individual was allowing her all the attentions that she was giving. Just doing her job, not crossing any unnecessary boundaries. Part of her wanted to make sure that she was fully invested in her job. Keeping it professional like the Ice Princess that she was.

But she knew what lines she shouldn't cross. Devon liked to toe the line a lot, sure, but that didn't mean that she would take unnecessary risks. Despite the gaze that he was giving her, and the soft shudder that ran through her spine. She felt him getting close and she resisted the urge to step away, keeping her professional mask up for a little longer as he spoke to her. “Are you sure? I’m happy to help with anything else you might need.” Foggy tones lift up to gaze into his hues, his expression hiding nothing. Something was clearly there and it hazed her mind for a moment as she felt her grip tighten a little more on her pen. “I’d love to follow this process through to the end.”

Well this was certainly something. Lofting a brow, Devon felt a slow smile creep across her lips, turning a bit so that their bodies were facing each other. A hand reached up, pressing a pad gently against the surface of his tie. "Well, I don't know what you had in mind, Mr. De La Croix," she said, lifting up to the tips of her toes so she can lean forward and whisper softly into his ear. "But this is all I'll need." Falling back onto her heels, she smiled but let her lips press against the corner of his mouth in a seemingly chaste kiss before turning and stepping off the platform. Devon opened up the toolkit, spying her pin cushion, fabric scissors and sewing kit, tossing the measuring tape and notepad into the box. With her back still turned to him, she brushed some of her hair out of her eyes to make sure that everything was in order inside her tool kit. "I'm certainly looking forward to working on this for you, Mr. De La Croix. It'll be the first suit I've made in a while."

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
41 Threads
418 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 12:58 PM by Gabriel De La Croix Posted | 10-17-2017, 12:56 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

He smiles back, biting down on the irritation that she was unwilling to follow through with the teasing. There’s nothing in his expression to suggest he’s anything other than amused with her chaste kiss and brief flirtation.

“Sketches, of course,” he explains, raising an eyebrow as if questioning where her mind had gone. “The creative process. I’ve always appreciated talented artists.” It wasn’t even a lie; he’s got a folder full of fashion sketches at home, most of custom outfits he’s had designed, though some are elaborate dresses even he won’t dream of wearing.

He steps away from her as he reclaims his shirt jacket, shaking it back on and smoothing it until it falls in precise straight lines, anally perfectionist over his appearance. “I’m looking forward to seeing the result, Miss O’Brien,” he tells her, back to being the professional; here to inspect her shop, not her body. “It will be interesting to see if my investment in you was a wise decision.”

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
10 Threads
37 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-17-2017, 02:21 PM

losing you
Devon could not help the soft laugh that emanated from her person as Gabriel followed up her inquiries. It was something she liked to do often. Just toe the line. To see just how far she could push and where she could push. But it had been nice, even for a moment, to truly just be able to cross that threshold of professionalism for a moment. If only but a brief moment.

She took a moment to admire him slipping into his jacket, making sure that he was back to his state of perfection before he'd removed his clothing. Devon appreciated a person who wanted to keep up appearances and it wouldn't have surprised her at all if he had his own personal tailor who only made clothes for him and him alone. In fact, it would have been a surprise if that wasn't the case.

Devon nodded at his words, putting the tool kit back in the cabinet. "I'll be sure not to disappoint you," she said, her professional tone clear and precise. Devon knew that this man was an investor, and while he may have come by to check out his investment, she wasn't going to let him down. Devon knew that there was always a give and take relationship when it came to the investor and the investee. She had to turn a product, deliver, and rake in a profit. It had to be iconic and top of the line.

As they walked toward the entrance of her shop, her assistant came up to her to hand her a clipboard of all the important people who would be coming for the afternoon open. She noted that her staff, in the short amount of time they had been preoccupied in the studio, had already begun rearranging everything for the next opening. Devon inwardly praised herself. She was so good at hiring excellent workers. It should never have to be told what was needed to be done. It just needed to be done. "I'd love to get together sometime again, Mr. De La Croix, when things aren't so hectic," she said with a smile. "Please, let me know if there's anything I can do for you. I'll do my best to be of assistance."

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
41 Threads
418 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-18-2017, 02:33 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

“Of course.” He slides his wallet out of his back pocket and peels off a business card, presenting it to her with a wink. “Just give me a call if you need anything. I’m looking forward to the fitting.”

The card looks expensive, edges rimmed with gold foil, but there’s very little information on it. Just his name and a mobile number; no knowing who he’ll meet, in what context, and plastering ‘Vice Lord’ alongside his contact details is just begging for a holiday in the Panopticon. Even the number, if called, will be answered by an assistant instead, filtering calls so he only has to deal with anything truly important. Even Devon, if she calls, will just be another ‘let me take a message’, though he’s likely to at least her email back.

He’s barely out of the shop before he’s back on his phone, straight back to work.

Subscribe Pages (2): « Previous 1 2