Wanted Thread
Online Model & Web Comic Artist
Art Shop Thread
9 Threads
50 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-12-2017, 12:36 PM

roman's revenge

lThe wo-world is my punchin' bag and If I'm garbage, you're a bunch of maggots Make that face, go on, scrunch it up at me Show me the target so I can lunge and attack it Like a, raah, raah, like a dungeon dragon You fell off, off, they must've bumped your wagon You must've went off the back, I'm 'bout to go off the deep end I told you to stay in your lane, you just choked in traffic --------------

He gave a nod, inputting the address into the GPS on his bike and, sure enough, it wasn't far at all. After making sure that Gabriel was secure behind him, he let his mechanic know that he'd bring the bike back to the shop tomorrow. Though Minjae wasn't a fan of bikes, he was opting to probably get one similar to the model he had ridden in for this particular race because he liked the feel of it. Even though he, ultimately, preferred cars.

The ride was quiet and there wasn't as much traffic that he thought he was going to have to deal with. But it was a late night, so that was to be expected and most people who were out were already at their destinations. When he entered the nicer neighborhood, Minjae was surprised. He figured that Gabriel would be living in the heart of the city with some fancy condo type deal - similar to how Minjae did in the heart of Ghost Town. It was rare that he ever came to "suburbia" as some had often called it.

He parked the bike, killing the engine and removed his helmet at the same time as Gabriel. Looking at the house, he was...a little unimpressed. Was this really it? Minjae almost wasn't convinced. Someone who took pleasure in street racing lived in such a...quaint house? Did his wife or significant other despise his reckless hobbies? Living in a house like this, he had to have some kind of boring nine to five gig, right? Looking over his shoulder at Gabriel, he rested his helmet atop one of his thighs, propping his elbow on it. "You sure you're gonna be all right, man?"

Gabe De La Croix :: Wearing :: BGM: [♫]
Minjae Speaking /thinking | Asmodeus Speaking

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
41 Threads
418 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-13-2017, 03:12 PM

Smile and we smile, the lords of many lands;
Frown and we smile, the lords of our own hands;
For man is man and master of his fate.

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

Unaware of Minjae’s uncharitable thoughts about the safe house he’d brought them too, he massages a shoulder and makes his way towards the door. “I’ll be fine,” he assures, because it really is worse than it looks. Once he gets rid of the ripped leathers, most of it will be hidden. There’s enough generic supplies stored here that there’s bound to be at least something he can wear, even if it’s not the sharp tailoring he usually prefers.

He slides a keycard into the lock – an odd level of security for such a suburban, safe neighbourhood, and pushes the door open. “Can I get you a drink, or something? It’s the least I can after you brought me back.” He hesitates on the doorway, clearly waiting for Minjae’s response before he heads inside. It’s late, but he’s still wired on adrenalin, and he’d put good money on the other man being wide awake too. A drink, and maybe some food, shouldn’t go unappreciated. “Might even be able to stretch to takeaway.”

He grins at Minjae, thumbs resting on the edges of his pockets. The sting of the loss is starting to fade, and even with the injuries he’s feeling better than he has for a while.

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
9 Threads
50 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-13-2017, 07:46 PM

roman's revenge

lThe wo-world is my punchin' bag and If I'm garbage, you're a bunch of maggots Make that face, go on, scrunch it up at me Show me the target so I can lunge and attack it Like a, raah, raah, like a dungeon dragon You fell off, off, they must've bumped your wagon You must've went off the back, I'm 'bout to go off the deep end I told you to stay in your lane, you just choked in traffic --------------

Minjae watched Gabriel carefully. Even though he had reassured him that he was all right, Minjae wasn't sure. He had to know that he was at least going to make it into his house in one piece. His injuries probably were worse in appearance than they actually were, but that didn't mean he could just leave without a second thought. The image of him crashing out and rolling like a sad rag doll continued to replay in his head like a bad movie.

“Can I get you a drink, or something? It’s the least I can after you brought me back.”

Minjae bit his lower lip in thought. Was it really okay? He didn't want to intrude and, well, as much as his blood was pumping, that didn't mean he could just take advantage of someone's courtesy. "Just go in already. You know you're not gonna be able to have any kind of sound peace of mind if you don't know he'll be okay inside his home and not passing out on the floor half dead."

Shut up, Azzy, he nodded, lifting himself off the bike and following after Gabriel. "A drink sounds great, actually. Maybe it'll calm my nerves some. I'm still pretty jacked after the race." He laughed a little, curling and uncurling his fingers against his gloved hands.

When Gabriel let him into the house, he admired it. It was simple, clean, and didn't look like anyone other than he was living there. Did a street racing guy like him really enjoy this sort of place as a bachelor pad? "Nice digs, man. Though, gotta say, I'm not sure if this is what I imagined a guy who's into racing would be into." He teased, but it was his own subtle way of wanting to know more about the man who almost had came in second - the place that Minjae had taken for himself.

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
41 Threads
418 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-14-2017, 03:32 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

The house is neutrally furnished, white walls and tasteful furnishings, but there’s nothing personal at all. There’s some bland modern art in the entrance corridor, but there’s no knickknacks on the side table or coats hanging up on the rack or anything that would indicate it was lived in regularly. It’s used for occasional meetings and for higher up Invidia employees to use when they needed, but otherwise sits empty.

He laughs, finally realising that Minjae had assumed that this place was where he lived. “Ah, I think I’ve accidentally mislead you,” he admits, glancing around at the small house and imagining actually having to live here. He’d go crazy within the week. He’d always felt claustrophobic in small residences, traumatic flashbacks to barely being allowed to leave his flat and at the mercy of the monster he’d shared it with. Even the thought is enough to make his chest tight, so he forces himself to focus on leading Minjae towards the open plan living room.

“This is just an investment property my company owns. We’re in the middle of trying to rent it out, so it’s currently empty.” The lies slip out easily as he opens the door to one of the living rooms and makes a beeline for the bar installed on one wall. “I live on Behemoth, so I’m close to work. How about you? Ghost Town resident?”

The room is just as dull as the rest of the house, but it’s well equipped and there’s clearly been a decent amount of money spent on making sure it’s comfortable. There’s a pair of sofas facing a large television and entertainment system, an open fireplace, a large, fully stocked oak bar that Gabriel’s currently poking around, and a table with eight chairs at the other end of the room. “What can I get you? Seem to have most things here, though I can’t promise you a choice of brands.”

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
9 Threads
50 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 04:39 PM by Minjae Jeon Posted | 10-14-2017, 06:33 PM

roman's revenge

Though Minjae would never say it out loud to anyone he didn't know within his father's immediate circles, the young heir to the Silver Snakes looked around and could only imagine this as one type of thing: a safe house. No matter how boring a person was, how absolute their routine was, and how transfixed they were in their own daily lives...nothing was this perfectly bland in a lived in area - something resembling that of a showcase in a fucking IKEA. However, instead of commenting further on it, Minjae just took in his surroundings in silence.

Gabriel's next words had him pausing for a moment. It was an investment property? For a company he owned? So a man who owned a company enjoyed life in the fast lane? Well, it's not like Minjae could fault him for that. After all, the roll of cash in his pocket wasn't something that he needed. It was just something he claimed because of a hobby he did to pass the time. He wanted to blame it on his demon, but then realized that there was a part of himself that truly did enjoy the adrenaline rush that came with risk and reward.

When asked where he lived, Minjae brushed some of his hair out of his eyes and gave a casual grin. "Yeah, you could say that. I've only been living in The City for three years now. I grew up in the Human Realm, kinda lived all over but I call South Korea home." And it was true. Despite the memories he had of living in the United States, Itaewon would always be home for him. The country's prejudices were getting better than they used to be when he had been growing up and so, they didn't treat him as a half breed anymore. At least not as much as they used to.

They entered the larger living space, just as plain but it was decked out enough where there was at least something to do if it ever came up. Showcase or not, it was hard to look at this place as anything but a safe house. Blame the mafia boy in him. He just couldn't help himself. He looked up at Gabriel when asked what he wanted to drink. "Uh, scotch on the rocks is fine." Even though his preferred brand was Glenfiddich, he knew that it probably wouldn't be carried here so he wouldn't gripe. A free drink was a free drink.

"What was it like growing up here? The City, I mean," he asked, shrugging out of his riding jacket and setting it on the arm of the couch.

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
41 Threads
418 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-18-2017, 04:07 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

He pours the other man’s desired drink, twisting his wrist with showman flair as he pours the scotch. He doesn’t bother with ice for his own; just pours a generous measure of vodka into a cube shaped glass, as the bottle’s been kept in the mini-freezer under the bar.

It’s not Glenfiddich – he’s not that free with spending his money on employees he doesn’t even know the same of – but it’s a decent scotch, and his vodka is cold enough that he can barely taste it. He hands the glass over to the Korean racer, clinking his against it straight afterwards. “Cheers.”

He’s never visited South Korea, a rarity when they’d had enough money to take elaborate holidays all over the world, but he nods along anyway when Minjae describes his life prior to becoming a resident in the City.

“More exciting, I guess. I don’t think anyone’s ever managed to visit all the floors, so there’s always something going on.” He shrugs; he’s never known a time when he isn’t able to get to the City on a whim, so it’s hard to compare. “I went to boarding school in France though, when I was older, so I spent some time out of the City. It’s much different out there.”

He gestures to the sofa behind Minjae. “Take a seat. Mind if I go clean up? I think there’s some spare clothes in one of the bedrooms, and I’d rather not get blood on the couch.”

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
9 Threads
50 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 05:47 PM by Minjae Jeon Posted | 10-18-2017, 05:46 PM

roman's revenge

Minjae grinned, their glasses clinking together and he relaxed a bit more - the taste of the liquid slipping down his throat and he enjoyed the warmth and coolness washing through his person. He could never turn down a glass of scotch, even if it wasn't Glenfiddich. He honestly fell in love with the liquor thanks to his dad dragging him off to one of those silly "family" meet and greets. And by families, he meant the other crime bosses in the various districts.

Shoving his hand into his pocket, he nodded as Gabriel spoke about what living in The City had been like for him. At the mention of boarding school, Minjae couldn't help but inwardly smirk. He looked like the type to have attended a boarding school. He carried himself that way and, well, it made sense if anyone really thought about it. Minjae had lost count how many schools he'd attended when he was going through primary education. Was it in the twenties? Last he checked it definitely was in the twenties.

He was a miscreant and he accepted that about himself. But that didn't mean Minjae couldn't do well if he applied himself. He could and he did in college. He was mostly being a pain in the ass because of his father.

At the inquiry about, Minjae chuckled and raised the glass up to him. "Dude, for all intents and purposes, it's your house. Do as you like." Minjae let his body fall softly onto the couch, admiring the comfort of it all. "I'll just be here chillin'." Getting his drink on.

Everything was so simply placed and he couldn't shake the feeling this place was a safe house. But if that were the case, then he had to wonder what sort of connections Gabriel may have had. Did they run in similar circles beyond the street racing scene?

He almost secretly wished it. He hadn't tangoed with that life he'd been born and bred into in The City yet and, honestly, he was curious. Just what it was like on the other side...

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
41 Threads
418 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | Today, 05:45 AM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

“Alright. I’ll be back in a couple of minutes.” He tilts his chin at the other man as he downs his vodka, the burn in his throat a welcome distraction from the pain still flaring through his body, and leaves the empty glass on a side table.

He wonders if the Korean will snoop while he’s gone. Gabriel would, if he was left in that situation, though he hopes there isn’t much to find. They’re supposed to keep the house clean of anything incriminating or unusual, but that doesn’t mean regulation is always followed, things put into drawers and forgotten about.

He makes a beeline for the bedroom and pulls some clothes out of the closet. It’s full of nearly identical pieces, plain and unassuming, sized so they would fit most people. He tugs out a black t-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants and tosses them on the bed while he pulls his leathers off. He hisses as his fingers graze the sensitive flesh of the worst of his injuries, though they’ve mostly started to scab over and stop bleeding. He’ll get them properly cleaned and healed in the morning.

For now he just tugs on the spare clothes. They’re too big, and he has to pull the drawstring of the sweatpants tight to stop them from just sliding down, but they’re clean and far more comfortable. Barefoot, he pads back towards the living room and Minjae, making a detour to the bathroom to snag a clear bottle of cocaine-laced painkillers. There were advantages to choosing a safehouse equipped to cater to people who might have been shot at.

“There,” he drawls as he returns, running his empty hand through his hair as he offers up a grin. “That’s a bit better.”

He fills his glass up again and swallows a mouthful of vodka with a pair of painkillers he shakes out from the half empty bottle, before joining Minjae on the couch. He sits gingerly, trying not to put too much weight on his bruised thighs.

“What sort of cars are you into? Drag or track?”

Subscribe Pages (2): « Previous 1 2