Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Fashion Designer [White Lotus] & Novelist
Art Shop Thread
10 Threads
37 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 09:47 AM by Devon O'Brien Posted | 10-08-2017, 05:56 PM

(When) When I was younger (When I was young) so much younger than today (I never need) I never needed anybody's help in any way (Now) But now these days are gone (These days are gone) and I'm not so self assured (And now I find) Now I find I've changed my mind, I've opened up the doors Help me if you can, I'm feeling down And I do appreciate you being 'round Help me get my feet back on the ground Won't you please, please help me?
help
It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining. The birds were tweeting. The smell of coffee lingered in the air as a gentle breeze brushed up against Devon's chest, reminding her (again) that she was glad that Forrest, her agent, had nagged her about taking a sweater throw with her on her way to the park to do her dog walking bit. In hindsight, she knew that she shouldn't have second-guessed him in the first place. There were few times in her life that she'd known Forrest to have ever been truly wrong and those times were always in the forms of stories from his brother's mouth.

Devon grinned to herself as she thought about the scruffy bloke and his lovely little companion that often came to visit their homes during her vacation times. In fact, wasn't she due for another one soon? The young designer recalled her mentioning something about Summer Solstice festivals completing and taking another month off? If that were the case, she knew a certain Irish singer who was going to be cheesing like he'd discovered the bloody pot of gold at the end of his rainbow. But Devon usually stayed out of matters like that - hearing things from Brian or Markus and even Jessica if she wasn't squealing over the boys of Fade to Black.

Feeling the insistent tug from the leash in her hand, Devon nearly spilled her coffee and dug her heels into the ground as she narrowed her eyes at Agro, she saw him tun to look over his shoulder at her with his big, brown eyes. They stared at each other like that for a good, solid minute before he issued a whine that would have made the most ornery of grandmothers weak at the knees.

But not Devon. No. She was used to these kind of antics from these large kind of dogs. She blew a large, pink bubble from the gum in her mouth and popped it. Watching Agro's ears fall back a fraction, he turned a bit - another whine coming from his lips. "Don't even think about it," she said, raising a hand up to extend her index finger and poke at his butt. "I'm not havin' any of your balderdash today, are we clear?" Agro whined again, huffed air from his nose, and then seemed like he was about to behave himself. Devon made a satisfied sound as she turned to the next track on her iPod and resumed sketching in her drawing book, smiling as she believed herself to have won a battle before it had even begun.

Until the Frisbee soared over their heads.

Game over. Devon knew it. It was fucking game over and already she had flung the coffee cup in all of its paper clad glory into the air and gripping onto the leash as Agro attempted to give chase to the highlighter yellow disc. "Nonononononononononono!" She was already plotting torturous scenarios for the person (or group) that had decided to throw the thing in her direction. Did they not see this damn dog? How could they miss him? He was a fucking Great Dane spotted from head to toe like a damn Dalmatian on the bright ass green grass in the middle of the park. How could they possibly have missed him?!

But he was a Great Dane and Devon was a small girl who was currently surrounded by a good chunk of human bodies who were simply trying to enjoy their day. As her boots began their horrible skid across the grass and dirt, Devon continued her pleas to Agro in an all but vain attempt to calm him down. But his big brown eyes were set on that awful, loud colored Frisbee. "Bleedin' Christ, I hate everything," she muttered.

No sooner had the curse fallen from her lips did the heel of her boot scrape straight into a horribly formed pot-hole. Crashing knee first, her grip slipped from the leash and soon Agro was tearing across the green like a black and white blur of doom. Stretching her arm out like in a grossly dramatic spaghetti Western, Devon cried out to the dog that was slowly becoming smaller in her line of sight. "HELP! SOMEBODY!" Devon screamed while attempting to pull herself up off the ground. "STOP THAT DOG!"

Emmet -- THIS -- STOP THAT DOG!

Find Emmet Argyris

Quote Post
Played by Callanthas
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
N/A
Art Shop Thread
5 Threads
53 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-11-2017, 10:19 PM

How long had it been? Months, already. How many, he wasn't sure. Still, Emmet knew that his relationship with Akil had deteriorated. The blond boy played absently with the silver ring on his right hand as he walked through the park, enjoying the early autumn breeze. He'd managed to enroll in a local community college, the cheapest he could find. But part of him still felt awful at taking his sisters' money, no matter how much they insisted that they could afford it.

It made it even worse to know that he'd stopped being with them because of Akil and now... now he wasn't getting it anywhere. And he had needs. He was only eighteen, damn it! He tried to understand Akil, he really did. But as much as he enjoyed the cuddling and the chaste kisses, and maybe a bath together if they managed to get Icee to give them an empty room for the night, it just wasn't... enough.

But Akil had suffered too much, and Emmet couldn't bring himself to complain to him that he wasn't 'putting out'. His husband had been raped, for fuck's sake! So he contented himself with his hand whenever he had a free moment. Today, Akil was off doing... well, whatever he did these days. Therapy? He wasn't sure - the boy had retreated into himself and communication between them seemed to be fading.

And since he had some free time before his first class, he'd decided to hit the park. And just... think. About what he wanted in life, where he was going. It didn't seem to be anything meaningful, but Emmet knew he'd let himself become ensnared in the web of his relationship. It had consumed him, literally.

Amidst these thoughts, he heard the scream a few feet away and looked up to find a big, spotted Great Dane sprinting in his direction as a frisbee soared overhead, missing him by mere inches, before hitting the trunk of the tree behind him. The dog decided not to go around him, but merely try to bowl him over in its quest to attain the toy.

What it didn't count on, was Emmet's love of going to the gym. That at least gave him a small advantage as he opened his arms wide to receive the beast, hugging it as it tried to stampede over him, and managing to wrestle him to the ground. It yelped and struggled, its eyes fixed only on the frisbee. But Emmet had already managed to grab the leash and pull on the whining dog.

He grabbed the frisbee and put it in its mouth. Contented, the dog followed him as he made his way back to the woman he'd heard shouting. "Hey." he greeted, smiling. "Is this your dog? Almost ran me over, but here you go."

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
10 Threads
37 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-12-2017, 10:30 AM

(When) When I was younger (When I was young) so much younger than today (I never need) I never needed anybody's help in any way (Now) But now these days are gone (These days are gone) and I'm not so self assured (And now I find) Now I find I've changed my mind, I've opened up the doors Help me if you can, I'm feeling down And I do appreciate you being 'round Help me get my feet back on the ground Won't you please, please help me?
help
It was like watching a movie in slow motion.

She saw him diving forward - the poor, innocent bystander who had been the only one of many to bother to help her. They were all douche-bags. How could they not stop and even look? And for the ones who did look, how could they just watch as someone else did the dirty work for them? "And they said chivalry was dead," she muttered, scrambling to her feet and all but ignoring the pitiful scrapes on her hands and knees. If there was a hole in the sweater jacket she was wearing though, there would be hell to pay. Forrest had bought it for her personally.

As soon as she saw Agro barrel into the young man, Devon gasped and sped up her run. Her hood flew back, her hair flying in the wind as she tried not to trip on the grass while heading toward their direction. Damn, how far had the mongrel run?

Though Agro attempted to free himself from the person who had successfully seized his leash, Devon wasn't sure if the Great Dane would be able to overpower this man. It really was something straight out of a movie. A comedy. Or worse...a Romantic Comedy.

Running at full speed, Devon slid to a halt just in front of the person as he approached her with Agro in tow, holding that frisbee in his mouth like he'd conquered the world. If she hadn't been dog sitting... The man flashed her a smile, causing her to smile back in apology. "Is this your dog? Almost ran me over, but here you go."

"Yes, well...yes and no. I'm just watching him for a friend." She cut her eyes to Agro who folded his ears back and whined at her in response. "Don't even think about it!"

Her brows knit slightly as she looked up at him, eyes filled with silent apologies before taking the time to issue one aloud. "I am so sorry, but thank you for catching Agro. He is such a scamp and harmless, but he meant well in just wanting to play." Devon took a moment to survey his form, making sure that he hadn't sustained any injuries wrestling with the big dog. There wasn't any that she could see, but that didn't mean he hadn't gotten hurt. "You didn't get hurt, did you?"

Emmet -- THIS -- STOP THAT DOG!

Find Emmet Argyris

Quote Post
Played by Callanthas
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
N/A
Art Shop Thread
5 Threads
53 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-18-2017, 09:49 PM

The girl was cute, and given the bizarre circumstances of their meeting, Emmet wasn't entirely sure this was just happenstance. Maybe his sisters were about to pop up behind a tree, laughing their asses off at this. Seriously, chasing a dog belonging to a cute girl? But given the weird way dominions and demons worked... well, it was not that far-fetched, was it?

The dog whined as she scolded it and Emmet looked at it with a small, pitying smile. The dog only wanted to have fun... or well, do whatever the fuck it wanted. Didn't they all? Wasn't that what everybody wanted, deep down? Just to follow whatever urges their heart contrived. For a moment, he felt the urge to let it go free again, if only to have one being happy in the world.

Then the girl spoke, apologizing. Emmet smiled brightly at her. "No problem! I know how much it sucks to lose a pet." It was true - back when he was nine, their dog had managed to escape when the backyard door was left open accidentally. He'd been devastated and cried for a few days. "And no, I'm okay. I'm Emmet - nice to meet you!" The last words flew from his mouth, unbidden.

Or maybe not. Maybe it was just his subconscious reacting. Knowing that he needed to meet new people and get a reprieve from Akil.

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
10 Threads
37 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | Yesterday, 06:37 AM

help
As she fussed over Agro, kneeling down to apologize in her own way to the Great Dane, she took a moment to look up and admire the individual who had come to her rescue. He was certainly good looking and had a decent build. He looked young as well, which made her tilt her head a bit in thought. The designer in her immediately wanted to inspect his body and his build with her own hands. However, she stopped herself from being a bit forward.

He had reassured her that he understood her plight and Devon couldn't help but smile and give a soft laugh. "It would have, especially since I'm dog sitting." She was never doing it again, though. This really did feel like it was a scene out of a cheesy romantic comedy. The only thing that would make it "better" was that Agro took off again while Devon was holding onto the leash.

"And no, I'm okay. I'm Emmet - nice to meet you!"

Devon smiled, holding her hand out to him so that she could shake his hand. "I'm Devon, it's a pleasure to meet you as well." This was really eating her up inside though. Not in the guilt-ridden way, but in the curious way. Agro tugged at her arm a little and she loosened her hold on his leash but still gripping it securely. "Um, if you don't mind my asking, Emmet...but what do you do? Are you still in school?"

Emmet -- THIS -- You're cute!

Subscribe